Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Kansas
Teaching Office: 2046 Eaton Hall
Research Office: 354 Nichols Hall
E-mail: mhashemi (at) ku (dot) edu
Short Bio: I am an Assistant Professor at the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department of the University of Kansas. I received my MSc and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering from Boston University in 2013 and 2015, and my BSc degree from Sharif University of Technology. I was a postdoctoral researcher and senior lecturer at the Ohio State University 2015-2018. My research interest spans the areas of wireless and mmWave communication, networked systems, and applications of machine learning in these areas.
- I am always looking for motivated PhD and MS students to join my group. Research areas include communication and networked systems, wireless communication, and applications of machine learning. If interested, please send me an email with your CV and transcripts.
- Data Networks
- Wireless and mmWave Communications
- Cloud and Edge Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Machine Learning and Control
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Boston University, 2015
- MSc, Electrical Engineering, Boston University, 2013
- BSc, Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, January 2019 - Present
- Postdoctoral Researcher and Senior Lecturer, The Ohio State University, 2015 - 2018
- [Aug. 2020] Three papers have been accepted for presentation at the GLOBECOM, SmartGridComm, and North American Power Symposium (NAPS).
- [Aug. 2020] I will serve on the TPC of IEEE WCNC 2021.
- [July 2020] Participating as a Co-PI in the final round of competition to establish a platform for advanced wireless research (PAWR) focused on rural broadband. News release.
- [NSF Grant -- July 2020] Received a 3-year NSF grant on low-latency mmWave networking (with the Ohio State University, lead institution). Thanks NSF!
- [Donation -- June 2020] Received Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC, Kintex-7 FPGA Evaluation Kit, and Pynq-Z2 board as donations from Xilinx. Thanks Xilinx!
- [April 2020] Co-PI for a new project on Spectrum Machine Learning (with Purdue, lead institution)
- [NSF Grant -- March 2020] Received a two-year award from NSF. Thanks NSF!
- [Dec. 2019] One paper (joint with Purdue) has been accepted by INFOCOM 2020.
- [Sept. 2019] One paper has been accepted by Asilomar 2019.
- [Aug. 2019] I will serve on the TPC of IEEE WCNC 2020.
- [Industry Grant -- April 2019] Received a two-year award from Sony US Research Center. Thanks Sony!
- [Jan. 2019] One paper has been accepted by WiOpt 2019.
- [Jan. 2019] I joined the EECS department at KU!
- [Dec. 2018] Three patents on mmWave networks have been filed.
- [Dec. 2018] I will serve on the TPC of Wi-DroIT 2019 Workshop (Wireless sensors and Drones in the Internet of Things) and IEEE MiSARN 2019 Workshop (Mission-Oriented Wireless Sensor, UAV and Robot Networking).