Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Kansas
Teaching Office: 2046 Eaton Hall
Research Office: 354 Nichols Hall
E-mail: mhashemi (at) ku (dot) edu
Short Bio: I am an Assistant Professor at the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department of the University of Kansas. I received my MSc and PhD degrees in Electrical Engineering from Boston University in 2013 and 2015, and my BSc degree from Sharif University of Technology. I was a postdoctoral researcher and senior lecturer at the Ohio State University 2015-2018. My research interest spans the areas of wireless and mmWave communication, networked systems, and applications of machine learning in these areas.
- Multiple PhD and MS positions available for Fall 2020.
- I am always looking for motivated PhD and MS students to join my group. Research areas include communication and networked systems, wireless communication, and applications of machine learning. If interested, please send me an email with your CV and transcripts.
- Data Networks
- Wireless and mmWave Communications
- Cloud and Edge Computing
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Machine Learning and Control
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, Boston University, 2015
- MSc, Electrical Engineering, Boston University, 2013
- BSc, Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology
- Assistant Professor, University of Kansas, January 2019 - Present
- Postdoctoral Researcher and Senior Lecturer, The Ohio State University, 2015 - 2018
- [April 2020] Co-PI for a new project on Spectrum Machine Learning. Collaborative PIs: Chris Brinton and David Love (Purdue), Taejoon Kim (KU).
- [April 2020] One paper has been submitted to the IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC).
- [March 2020] I received a two-year award from NSF on mmWave networking. Thanks NSF!
- [Feb. 2020] One paper has been submitted to VTC-Fall conference.
- [Dec. 2019] One paper (joint with Purdue) has been accepted by INFOCOM 2020.
- [Sept. 2019] One paper has been accepted by Asilomar 2019.
- [Aug. 2019] I will serve on the TPC of IEEE WCNC 2020.
- [July 2019] One paper has been submitted to INFOCOM 2020.
- [April 2019] I received a two-year award from Sony US Research Center. Thanks Sony!
- [Jan. 2019] One paper has been accepted by WiOpt 2019.
- [Jan. 2019] I joined the EECS department at KU!
- [Dec. 2018] Three patents on mmWave networks have been filed.
- [Dec. 2018] I will serve on the TPC of IEEE MiSARN 2019 Workshop: Mission-Oriented Wireless Sensor, UAV and Robot Networking.
- [Dec. 2018] I will serve on the TPC of Wi-DroIT 2019 Workshop: Wireless sensors and Drones in the Internet of Things.